Welcome to the St. Louis Gaelic Athletic Club← Older posts May 6, 2013
The ancient Irish sport of Hurling came to St. Louis 10 years ago. the STL Gaelic Athletic Club will celebrate 10 years of Irish sports and culture with hurling and BBQ (provided by Ancient Order of Hibernians) Saturday, May 11, at St. Vincent Park, 7355 Saint Charles Rock Rd.,Saint Louis, MO 63133. Camogie match at 10 a.m., Hurling matches 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Followed by an evening at one of our sponsors, Tower Pub 3234 Morganford Road, beginning approx 6 p.m. Including raffles of Hurling jersey’s and equipment.
Captains are meeting tonight to draft the 2012 hurling teams; the jersey and team reveal will be at Nellie Glenns (on Gravois) at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The schedule has been loaded to the calendar page and can be found here.
Confused about judging duties? It’s simple:
- If your team is listed first for game one, you help set up (get there a 1/2 hour early) and help judge game 2.
- The team listed second for game one also helps judge game 2.
- Both teams playing game 2 get there early to judge game 1.
- Both teams playing game 3 judge game 4.
- Both teams in game 4 judge game 3, but the second listed team also cleans up the pitch.
Because of weather and pitch conditions, the practice times for Saturday, March 2, have changed.
New players will start at noon; returning players will start practice at 1 p.m. We will still be at St. Vincent’s Park off the Rock Road, but we ask that players stay off the main field.
Camogie practice will also start at noon at St. Vincent’s Park.
If you have questions, you can email the Yahoo listserve or a board member.
Don’t forget to bring cash or a check for dues ($75 if paid by March 13).Posted in STLGAC | Leave a comment February 21, 2013 Hurling, STLGAC | Leave a comment February 5, 2013
Beside the fundraiser for Tommy Gage (the owner of O’Malley’s on Cherokee) on Feb. 16, there are several other important dates approaching:
- First practice for coed hurling league: Feb. 23 at St. Vincent’s Park — THIS PRACTICE HAS BEEN CANCELED BECAUSE OF SNOW.
- First Wednesday practice and Annual General Meeting (league-wide), March 13 (meeting at 8 p.m.)
- Jersey unveiling and team announcement, Tuesday, March 26 at Nellie Glenns
- First games of the 10th hurling season: Saturday, March 30, at St. Vincent’s Park. Games will continue to be at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
The club also plans to participate in both St. Patrick’s Day parades (downtown and Dogtown).
Dues for the hurling season will be $75. If dues are not paid before (or at) the general meeting on March 13, they will increase to $80.Posted in STLGAC | Leave a comment February 2, 2013
Bring your friends and family to the Tommy Gage Benefit!GAA, STLGAC | 1 Comment December 31, 2012
Congratulations to Nellie Glenn’s, who hoisted the Monkey Cup after an undefeated season. The team beat O’Shays on Nov. 17 to secure their title as champions of the 2012 Gaelic football season.
Thanks to everyone who played this fall, and thank you to Hopfinger and Behl for coming out of retirement to be the officials for the championship game.Posted in Gaelic Football, STLGAC | Leave a comment October 24, 2012
Max Effort Gym, one of our Gaelic Football sponsors, has a new location. They just recently moved to 3101-B Bartold Ave. St. Louis, MO 63143. Please stop on by and show your support for their new pad! Visit their website at http://www.maxeffortstl.com/.Posted in STLGAC | Leave a comment September 26, 2012
This weekend is the Going Away party of our dearly beloved President Brian Spencer after the games. Please come out to McGurk’s to have a pint with him and wish him well on his career journey out east.Posted in GAA, Hurling, STLGAC | Leave a comment ← Older posts